The Senior Business Analyst will serve as a Product Owner for a cross-functional and geographically diverse agile team responsible for maintaining, upgrading, and enhancing a feature set in the VMS System, the web-based application utilized by customers, suppliers, workers, and administrators to manage the contingent workforce of the international client base. The product owner is responsible for bridging the gap between business initiatives and technology solutions and cultivating the backlog for his/her offshore agile team. This includes meeting with Product VP and business owners to clarify product enhancement requests, working with technology on the functional and technical requirements needed to satisfy those requests, and actively participating in all of the ceremonies associated with an agile development process including but not limited to sprint refinement, sprint planning, daily stand-ups (as needed), sprint demos, and sprint or project retrospectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand users' business processes through interviews with members of diverse user groups including administrators, client users, implementation and support teams.
- Develop a strong understanding of the staffing industry and best practices around managing a temporary and professional service workforce.
- Define and create a vision for planned features that helps agile development team members understand the what, when, and why from the business and end-user perspective.
- Manage the product backlog for an agile team.
- Create sketch or wireframe prototypes and perform rapid prototyping and usability testing.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and decompose high-level information into details.
- Distinguish user requests from true business needs and system requirements.
- Collaborate with team members and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Identify and prioritize new features and functionality based on user needs and company strategy.
- Document business requirements in Azure Devops, including but not limited to: epics, features, task, user stories, use cases and business processes flows.
- Communicate product road map to cross-functional teams and business and client stakeholders when appropriate.
- Create release notes documentation.
Knowledge, Skillsets and Abilities Required
- 5+ years in software management, business analysis, or related field (UI design a plus).
- 1+ year of experience working as a product owner for an agile team. SAFe experience preferred.
- Experience working with agile project tracking software – Azure Devops experience desired.
- Knowledge of the staffing industry and experience working with VMS systems desired.
- Ability to work with cross-functional business teams.
- Ability to work outside of normal US business hours in order to collaborate with onshore and offshore technical resources.
- Openness, humility, and willingness to listen and share.
- Ability to rapidly adjust to shifts in business priorities that may drive the development agenda.
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box while defining sound and practical solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting, customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of initiative and dedication.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, CIS, CET, CS or equivalent experience. Certifications a plus.
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.