Salary: $90,000 – 120,000 annually
This Cloud Engineer would become part of a growing Engineering team. In this role, you will provide advanced technical support for networking needs including network software, hardware, routers, switches, and various transmission systems using a variety of diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations. The Cloud Engineer is responsible for planning, implementing, designing, analyzing, and maintaining a global hybrid network infrastructure.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Deploy, manage, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS
- Implement releases, upgrades, and/or changes into the environment/platforms
- Ensure platform/service performance and availability meet enterprise objectives through monitoring, timely service restoration, and tuning
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to the enterprise
- Lead in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems of high complexity and resiliency, to negotiate solutions and work to achieve and maintain a high availability design
- Provide technical solutions that follow best practices in AWS; actively participate in system solutions in both AWS and on premises
- Play a vital role toward the security, architecture, design, and documentation for our WAN and LAN
- Responsible for the design, testing, evaluation, implementation, and assistance of various platforms (cloud/hosted, hardware, operating systems, software, and systems tools)
- Provide consultation and direct technical assistance in life cycle planning, problem management/resolution, integration, and systems
- Map business objectives to application/architecture requirements
- Select the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements
- Work with application engineers and stakeholders to understand and execute cloud solutions that meet business requirements.
- On Prem migration of servers to AWS.
- Manage and maintain Route53.
- Rotation of managing Enterprise backups.
- Ability to maintain Microsoft Active directory.
- Provide on call rotation support after hours; work rotating on call schedule
- Manage AWS SSO.
Work Experience Required:
- Minimum of five (5) years experience with network architecture, design and engineering experience in global hybrid IT environments; AWS Solutions Architect Associate or higher
- Expert Knowledge and technical expertise of wireless communications, network security and data networking systems required
- Knowledge of best practices for optimizing IT infrastructure, provide policies, standards, and guidelines; demonstrated expertise in developing and managing strategic and tactical plans as they relate to IT Infrastructure
- Experienced using, networking, storage, and database AWS services
- Experience deploying EC2 instances and replication.
- An understanding of architectural principles of building on the AWS Cloud
- Ability to define technical requirements for an AWS-based application; p roficient in creating network design documentation including detailed diagrams (Visio or LucidCharts)
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, facilitation and leadership skills, along with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced process orientation and excellent planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex problem isolation in LAN/WAN environments
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Routing, Switching and VPN Technologies
- Advanced knowledge of AWS; Hands-on experience with AWS deployment and management.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols
- Ability to identify and manage AWS services that meet a given technical requirement
- Strong Windows and Linux understanding and management.
- Understanding of Control Tower and organizations
- Experience with containers and serverless infrastructure.
- Ability to work with Terraform
- Windows server 2012-2019
- Commvault backups
- Active Directory
- O365 administration
- VMware 6.0 7.0
- Ironport management
- Remote Desktop Services
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States. [Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other federal or state protected category.
For immediate consideration, please contact
Anna Marcano – IT Recruitment Manager
O: 800-360-1407 D: 407-392-3135 E: [email protected]
For a complete list of our current openings, please visit VALiNTRYtechnology.com.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.