The Clinical Data Analyst is responsible for ensuring the Clinical Administration teams data reporting is in alignment with service line initiatives. Incumbents may assist in supporting elements of a significantly complex process, along with partnerships with business constituents to create metrics that enable measurement of progress towards initiative goals. In addition to experience with data analysis and reporting, success in this position will include productive collaboration with the teams to support initiatives while maintaining data quality.
- Develops new reports and updates existing ones as needed using SQL queries, ETL processes and other development tools.
- Utilizes graphs, pivot charts and other mechanisms as needed.
- Writes SQL queries to efficiently retrieve business data to respond to requests from c-suites, VPs, Directors, and clinical administration.
- Ensure integrity of the data pulled from Clinical systems and databases and identifies and resolves issues that arise with these systems.
- Clears EPHR interface data errors on a daily basis, including HL7 analysis.
- Create and support the ETL processes to extract data from clinical systems and extract/load into appropriate systems.
- Maintain proficiency in data quality management, understanding quality root cause analysis, remediation options analysis, and measuring and communicating team and individual success.
- Responsible for collaborating with internal and external colleagues to develop data acquisition methodology for defined clinic quality and population health metrics as assigned.
- Responsible for collaborating with Informatics colleagues, at the direction and in conjunction with the SVP Clinical Administration, CMO, and clinical team to develop, test and modify clinical quality dashboards as assigned.
- Responsible for sourcing data from multiple systems for the purposes of clinical quality reporting for the clinical team.
- Interact and communicate with corporate and field leaders, consistently exhibiting behavior and communication skills that demonstrate commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with internal and external contacts as a professional representative
- Develops advanced enterprise reporting dashboards and other tools for operational and clinical stakeholders for evaluating service line performance and implementing processes for clinical improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent years of experience.
- 2+ years' experience working with electronic health records and/or clinical data Understanding of relational databases and experience with reporting tools such as SSRS, Cognos, Crystal Reports, WebFocus, etc.
- Experience in interpreting data sets and performing statistical analysis where needed
- Working knowledge of standard coding sets including LOINC, SNOMED, CPT, ICD 10, etc. preferred
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Ability to work midnight to 8 AM on a daily basis, some weekends required.
- Excellent analytical skills; strong organizational skills
- Experience using Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Effective time management skills
- Strong verbal and written and presentation communication skills. Effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- NextGen EHR experience preferred
- Data interface experience required
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.