Position: Clinical Documentation Specialist
Location: Aurora, IL
Type: HYBRID (Onsite 3d/Remote 2d )
Compensation: $30.00 – $36.00 /hr
VALiNTRY Seeking Clinical Documentation Specialist
Under limited direction and according to clinical documentation guidelines and established policies/procedures, responsible for improving the overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation.
• Facilitates necessary documentation in the medical record through extensive interaction with physicians, nursing staff, other patient caregivers, and collaboration with HIM coding staff to ensure the most appropriate reimbursement is achieved for the level of service rendered to all patients.
• Ensures the accuracy and completeness of clinical information used for measuring and reporting physician and pay for performance diagnosis specific quality outcomes.
• Oversees clinical documentation patterns and trends to identify areas of improvement for the pay for performance measures.
• Educates all members of the patient care team regarding clinical documentation needs, changes to clinical documentation guidelines, coding and reimbursement issues, and pay for performance documentation requirements on an on-going basis.
• Develops and conducts on-going Performance Documentation education for new staff including case managers, coders, physicians, residents, nursing and allied health professionals. Compiles, analyzes and evaluates quality and clinical data collected as part of an integrated system-wide program of clinical improvement and documentation requirements.
Clinical Documentation Specialist Qualifications
• Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing. Bachelors degree in Nursing preferred.
• License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
• Three years of clinically well-rounded medical or surgical acute care nursing experience.
• Critical care nursing experience preferred. OR Associate's degree in applied sciences or related field with emphasis in healthcare. Bachelors degree in a related area preferred.
• Credentialed as a RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator), RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) or CCS (Certified Coding Specialist). Three years of inpatient coding experience.
• Clinical Documentation Specialist experience in an acute care hospital preferred. OR Graduate from an accredited medical school, either foreign or domestic, with a CCDS (Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist) credential and minimum of one year experience working as a Clinical Documentation Specialist in an acute care hospital.
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other federal or state protected category.
For a complete list of our current openings, please visit VALiNTRYtechnology.com.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.