The Developer Team Lead will be a hands-on leader who will be responsible for guiding and oversight of the software development team (C# & SQL, with some open source projects). They will also oversee the work of in-office team members and remote resources for project flex as needed, to ensure adherence to software development/engineering best practices. In addition, they will ensure that work is completed in a timely fashion and deadlines are met, that project/department milestones/goals are met, and we remain within the set budget.
- Lead, manage, and mentor software developers/engineers in a proactive manner to ensure project and operational commitments are met and achieved.
- Work with leadership to define/refine meaningful metrics to track team effectiveness and improvement.
- Standardize and implement SDLC processes within the IS Department – striving towards true Agile framework
- Ensure QA is conducted in a timely and efficient manner for all testing and final testing.
- Design user-centric solutions that are easy to understand and effective.
- Work with support team to manage issues, updates and bugs.
- Advise technology leadership on resourcing and planning.
- Properly resource development projects.
- Advise technology leadership and help set suitable project goals, strategies and objectives
- Assist program/project management to prepare reports, tracking, statistical, trend analysis, gathering and generation, metrics, as well as identifying performance trends with the Director of IS
- Assess performance and training needs, conduct annual reviews and initiate any required corrective actions to keep the development team operating at peak efficiency. With time, this person will be responsible for hiring new team members.
- As necessary, assistthe development team with the day-to-day coding
- Day-to-day administrative duties
KNOWLEDGE & REQUIREMENTS
- 4-6 years of software development/engineering experience
- Strong preference for hands-on C#, SQL and some open source experience
- Software development project management experience strongly preferred
- 2-5 years of team lead (or equivalent) experience
- First-hand knowledge of software development and QA processes and SDLC methodologies/frameworks such as DevOps
- Working knowledge of branching and source control strategies
- Proven ability to combine business acumen, technical acumen and process expertise to interact and work with product management, customer-facing units and technology leadership
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results managing cross-functional, geographically separated units and virtual teams
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Strong bias toward action, flexible, resourceful, and able to operate effectively within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presentation written, email)
- Positive attitude, servant leadership centric,team player, self-starter; takes initiative, ability to work independently
- Display a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically
- Strong judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly
- BSc/BA degree in Computer Science or adjacent field would be preferred
- Relevant professional certifications are a strong plus (PMP, Scrum, etc.)
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr. IT Recruiter
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.