Title: Ellucian Colleague Developer (Remote)
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $60k – $68k yealy
- working on small developer-led software development projects and small enhancements to existing production code
- application design, programming and development in a proprietary software language, test and deployment of computer software related to the college’s ERP system (Colleague)
- working on all types of production support activities
- working through service request and incident tickets
- debugging, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- system configurations
- following the change management process
- system maintenance activities
- security access requests
- system testing and regression testing assistance
- software rollout to customers
- technical documentation creation and/or modification
- sending compliance-based communications to staff and students
The Application Developer must be self-directed, organized, customer focused, extremely attentive to details, team oriented, and should be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision. The role requires strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and nontechnical audiences.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Serve as second level support for all platforms supported by the Application Development & Support Team.
- Troubleshoot, debug and problem solve.
- Develop and maintain software across different platforms.
- Support existing features within the College’s ERP system, Colleague.
- Support third party software that interfaces with the College’s ERP system.
- Assist with software testing and documentation.
- Work closely with Product Management to identify product requirements.
- Adhere to release/project schedule and milestones.
- Query a SQL database.
- Send compliance emails to staff and students.
- Help support web-based applications.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Be able and willing to represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve.
- Must be a self-motivated, energetic and creative individual with strong personal computer skills and proven success working within a team-based environment.
- Must be able to work independently, accept responsibility with limited supervision, manage multiple tasks to completion, and work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to make oral and written reports and presentations in a concise and effective manner.
- Ability to interpret questions, identify problems and propose solutions, read reference manuals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree in computer science or related field or 2 years of object-oriented programming experience.
- Must possess an understanding of the software development process.
- Understanding of both Windows and UNIX environments.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field.
- Knowledge of database concepts, SQL, and stored procedures (Microsoft SQL Server / SSRS preferred).
- Experience with Visual Studio (or an equivalent IDE).
- Experience using Subversion (or an equivalent version control system).
- Experience writing and executing test cases.
- System Admin experience.
- Experience using APIs.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague is required.
- Knowledge of web based application development.
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other federal or state-protected category.
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected] | Stefany's LinkedIn
Stefany Dos Santos
IT Recruitment Manager
For a complete list of our current openings, please visit VALiNTRYtechnology.com
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.