The Service Desk Technician will be the first point of contact providing customer service, technical support, and incident resolution for company employees. Must be able to identify, isolate, analyze, and resolve issues of varying technical difficulty or escalate high-priority service interruptions using sound incident management and customer service practices.
Day to day tasks includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PC, terminals, printers and scanners) to ensure optimal workstation performance in person or via remote access in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance across the infrastructure via telephone or remote access.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot desktop operating systems and any other authorized desktop applications or peripheral equipment
- Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Perform remedial repairs on computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Return defective equipment/parts to maintenance inventory, documents customer repairs, maintains and restocks assigned parts inventory to insure proper spare parts levels
- Safely package equipment for branches and arrange for the transport of the equipment
- Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting and restoring to service any terminal service client, personal computers (PC) or notebooks that has authorized access to the network
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware/software
- Use tools and methodologies to load, copy and customize operating system configurations for deployment
- Escalate the issue/problem to infrastructure team members when the restoration is beyond the scope of the computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral equipment
- Escalate issues and involve experts or vendors wherever required in order to resolve issues as quickly as possible.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong customer service and organizational skills including excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Working experience troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories
- A+, Server +, Network+ knowledge (certification preferred)
- Knowledge of ITIL foundation (preferably ITiLv3 certified)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of application and remote control tools
- Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred along with 3-5 years of experience in a technology support role
- Microsoft, Cisco, service management certifications (preferred)
- Basic knowledge of enterprise infrastructure and technology
- 9 am to 6 pm to accommodate West coast operations
- On-call duty required approximately every 4-5 weeks to include evenings and weekends
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other federal or state protected category.
For a complete list of our current openings, please visit VALiNTRYtechnology.com.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.