The purpose of this position is to work closely with the IT Directors and CTO and is responsible for making sure solutions are running well, with smooth and efficient service models that meet the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of software releases and reporting the status
- Provide analytics and IT Department metrics dashboards for leadership team using data to focus on future initiatives and areas for improvement.
- Directs operations in executing production and non-production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectation
- Directly manage and provide support to the IT Operations team and supports the IT Development team
- Design, implement, maintain, and monitor production and non-production environments
- Responsible for daily operation, maintenance and monitoring of production and non-production environments
- Perform daily/regular system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, networks, computer systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Assesses system data and error logs, along with user reports, to determine areas for improvement or repair.
- Determine when systems or servers are due for upgrades.
- Support IT department activities while upgrading systems and servers and migrating the organizations data. They may introduce new methods to streamline the upgrade process, monitor the system to ensure that it remains stable and usable, and maintain data security through the migration process.
- Research and recommend possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Work with hosting provider to schedule after-hours maintenance. Communicate downtime to stakeholders
- Define escalation management procedures, SLA agreements with stakeholders, and root case analysis for high-priority incidents or outages, and status updates.
- Day to day management and relationship activity with any third-party vendors providing services.
- Oversee change management process for production and non-production systems
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required; configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required for production and non-production systems
- Review documented requirements (technical, business, functional), development and project plans to ensure adherence to defined standards and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the IT Operations staff
- Participate in technical advisory roles, as required
- Work closely with CTO to guide and direct IT Operations and professional growth of IT Operations staff
- Develop IT policies and procedures to ensure that the department operates effectively and reliably. This may include developing service level agreements (SLAs) and guides for users and technicians, such as FAQ documents or employee handbooks for IT department personnel and working with other Operational areas for management of intake process
- Responsible for the coordination of penetration testing, disaster recovery, contingency planning and application/system roadmap including Availability, Integrity, and Confidentiality (AIC) of applications and systems.
- May provide direct user support by handling help desk or service desk escalations. If IT technicians are unable to successfully resolve a users issue, the IT operations manager will assess the situation and devise a solution to the problem, which could include equipment replacement or repair if the problem is related to the end users hardware or software.
- If a problem occurs, troubleshoots the programs and hardware. Based on the findings, makes repairs or changes to fix problems
- Routinely discusses and coordinates security measures
- Required to be on call in case of any emergencies or system failures
- Maintain understanding of how individual work and decisions fit into the broader organizational picture
- Play a direct role in negotiating contracts with IT service providers. In this aspect of the role, the IT operations manager assesses department and business needs related to equipment and services and presents them to vendors. The IT operations manager compares pricing and vendor bids with their departments budget, determines which vendors offer the most advantageous terms, and negotiates rates with those vendors.
- Keep skills updated and remain proactively aware of happenings and current events in the industry
- Consistently monitor the scope of projects
- Assess and evaluate risk as required
- Work with outside vendors to develop and implement specific aspects of products and solutions.
- Directs and prioritizes the workload and activities of subordinate personnel
- Mentor associates and foster a learning and growth environment
- Ensure effective communications
This position has supervisory responsibilities which could include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelors Degree or 4 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- IT Service management experience with ITIL certification as added benefit
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- High level of understanding of DevOps methodologies.
- Experience in CI/CD code deployment pipelines
- Experience working in Cloud Computing Environments (AWS Preferred)
- Experience working with GIT based source control platforms
- Experience with working in an Agile environment and Scrum methodology
- Experience working in an environment where systems are highly available, including exposure to these concepts:
- Load balancing configuration
- System scalability (vertical vs horizontal)
- Clustered/shared storage
- Web server setup and configuration (Windows IIS, Linux Apache/NGinx/Tomcat), basic scripting in Perl/PHP
- Basic database skills in SQL Server or MySQL (Creating tables, backups, setting user permissions)
- Supervisory experience desired
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
Sr. IT Recruiter
See all of our open IT / Salesforce positions at www.valintrytechnology.com/find-jobs
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.