Working within Security Operations Center (SOC), the IT Security Engineer is a senior member of the team, responsible for leading the execution of information security activities to ensure that information systems are designed, implemented and operating in accordance with Customer requirements, information security best practices and Federal and State laws and regulations. The Security Engineer will collaborate and provide technical guidance with the IT and Security Specialist, Security Analyst, Security Administration and Technical Account Management teams.
The Security Engineer is also responsible for integrating supported systems from customers into current monitoring/management tools; expanding capabilities of existing services/technologies; implementing support for new technologies through process and technology; troubleshooting configuration, policy, and health issues on security appliances/platforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expert guidance and oversight in assessing customers' security infrastructure, network, cloud and systems design to identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Provide expert oversight in the development, testing and operation of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, networking devices, SIEMs, enterprise anti-virus systems, cloud security and software deployment tools.
- Establish and/or maintain monitoring and auditing of information systems activities and systems to confirm information security policy compliance and provide management with security policy compliance assessments and system monitoring reports.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting on supported systems and applications.
- Partner with Sales, Internal IT and Business Intelligence teams to perform product evaluations, make recommendations, provide support, and implement products/services for security.
- Validate and test security architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications with recommended vendor technologies.
- Coordinate with other SOC Teams, Management, Customers and Vendors to understand security needs and develop and implement procedures to accommodate them.
- Identify and drive process improvement efforts across teams to increase efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ensure adherence to SLAs for timeliness, responsiveness to an issue and request.
- Execute daily adhoc tasks or lead projects as needed.
- Able to perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science or related field and/or a minimum of 7 years of experience within a technical security role, ideally in large multi-platform environments (i.e., network security, OS security, cloud security, anti-malware, IDS/IPS and vulnerability testing required.
- Minimum of 3 years in an engineer/architect role in an information security related position.
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists.
- Experience working with digital communications, current and evolving network technologies and an in depth understanding of routing protocols, network security, and network management.
- Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques.
- Experience working with leading firewalls, SIEMs, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies; specific vendor certification and/or expertise, including McAfee, Palo Alto, RSA, Cisco, F5, Crowdstrike, etc. is a plus.
- Operating systems knowledge and systems administration skills for various flavors of UNIX, LINUX, and Windows.
- Familiarity with vulnerability management tools and processes and ability to perform and interpret assessments.
- Experience with analyzing network attacks; understanding of data visualization, log/data correlation and analysis, packet analysis.
- Ability to administer the operations of a security infrastructure.
- Professional certifications such as CompTIA Security+, CISSP, Network+, SANS/GIAC (GSEC), and/or equivalent are preferred.
- Working knowledge of common security industry standards such as: NIST 800-53, 800-61, ISO 27001 and 27002, PCI, SOC 2 (SSAE-16).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED:
- Excellent leadership skills to guide, motivate and inspire individuals and teams to achieve business goals.
- Strong sense of self accountability and holds subordinates accountable.
- Excellent Analytical and complex problem-solving capability.
- Experience in business process design and solving complex business process challenges.
- Excellent communications, presentation, listening and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- A strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- High level of integrity, judgment, and situational awareness.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with peers, across teams, and with management.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- A keen interest in security and the need for the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information and information systems to be maintained.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work rotationally on-call outside of regular business hours as required including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.