The Laboratory Information Systems Analyst will:
- Conduct business requirements reviews, technical systems specifications and systems process analysis
- Develop detailed selection evaluation criteria
- Analyze and re-engineer business processes using industry standard tools and methods with understanding of the technical and business environments
- Partner with business process experts to learn and understand problems with software
- Develop innovative IT solutions for risky and demanding business situations.
1. Leads Projects associated with application implementation and execution of high complexity and larger impact. Applies project management methodology and utilizes standard project management for software in development and maintenance of project plans.
2. Review and understands system options and specifications of Applications and utilizes the specifications as applicable to make recommendations on use.
3. Consults with customers to understand workflows, processes, data collection, report details and other technical issues associated with application software as they relate to system design and build decisions that support the department's function and goals.
4. Analyzes design alternatives and makes appropriate design decisions. Designs, validates and confirms new or changed functionality with the application environment that meets customer specifications. Understands and translates the business/department functionality into Application configurations and workflow validations.
5. Builds, tests, and debugs application to ensure the system meets end-user requirements. Builds complete testing plans to validate system parameters and functionality performs as specified with minimal guidance.
6. Identifies and resolves complex issues. This includes identifying appropriate resources and potential solution with minimal guidance. May delegate systems issues to analysts for resolution. Provides guidance on priority.
7. Proactively completes assigned application deployment, management and testing tasks. May provide guidance to analysts.
8. Assists application and technical team in the on-going management of user requests, issues, clinical application problems, and delivery of application enhancements.
9. Maintains project documentation including resources used, decisions, outcomes, agreements etc.
10. Works with vendors as appropriate to ensure smooth operation of products, reporting and resolution of issues.
Associate's degree in Information Systems or a related field and four (4) years of related experience required. Work experience may substitute for education requirement.
Highly Preferred Skills:
2+ Experience maintaining Laboratory information systems
5+ years in Healthcare operations
Experience with Orchard Harvest
Exposure to HL7 interfaces
5 or more years of SQL experience
Experience supporting pharmacy systems
Experience with community health clinics or equivalent
Experience with Pioneer RX, NextGen, or Cerner
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.