The available position is for a Network Engineer Principal to support a major enterprise Fortune 100 customer. The candidate will be supporting global WAN & LAN technologies and infrastructures in the Americas (North and South), APAC (Asia Pacific) and EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) regions. Supporting this client’s environment will be an exciting opportunity for any prospective candidate as it has been well-established with some of the finest technologies and supporting personnel. The primary responsibility of the of a Network Engineer will be to ensure all facets of the global network services are meeting/exceeding requirements.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of network services provided by teams directly supporting managed network services. As such, the candidate will be supported by a talented cast of technical managers and engineering staff. Additionally, the engineer will be supported by a project management office, network operations center, strategy and architecture, network monitoring, tools, reporting, asset management and billing support teams who are dedicated to the account.
• Responsible for the success of regional network services. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Configure, troubleshoot and support Cisco routers (ASR9k, ASR1k, ISR4k, and others), switches (Catalyst 6800, 2960, 3560, 3750 and Nexus 5k, 7k, 9k)
• Perform troubleshooting and monitoring of incidents queues and executing network changes as required after business hours.
• Opens and monitors TAC cases with our vendors as required, adheres to all change control processes and configuration standards
• Attends various meetings during their shift as well as conducting troubleshooting bridges with peers, vendors and customers
• 7+ years as a hands-on network engineer implementing, designing, supporting and maintaining a large enterprise network
• Advanced working expertise of BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Multicast, and QOS. Experience with MPLS and ISIS is a plus.
• Advanced working expertise of LAN technologies (HSRP,STP,VLANs and IP-subnetting)
• Good working knowledge of network cabling infrastructure and specifications, experience with corporate change management procedures (design and peer review)
• Industry certifications (e.g.: CCNA, CCNP) a must. CCIE or passed written is a plus, degree in related field, preferred
• Ability to effectively communicate issues, remediation plans and status on major initiatives to higher levels of leadership
• Ability to direct and interact during major outages and/or initiatives
• Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
• Ability to interface with non-IT savvy business partners as well as technical staff
• Ability to articulate challenges effectively to customer executives
• Ability to construct action plans and provide oversight to ensure delivery
• Candidate will possess a high-level of written, verbal & presentation & skills
• Responsible to meet directed deadlines and excellent attention to detail
• Self-starter with excellent time management skills
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States. [Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other federal or state protected category.
For immediate consideration, please contact
Anna Marcano – IT Recruitment Manager
O: 800-360-1407 D: 407-392-3135 E: [email protected]
For a complete list of our current openings, please visit VALiNTRYtechnology.com.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.