This is an exciting opportunity for an outgoing individual to join our growing IT department as a Systems Administrator of a multilocation printing company. This role will work closely with the IT Director to support the infrastructure of the company’s 7 manufacturing facilities and datacenter as well as any additional locations thru acquisition.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Monitor and manage installed systems and infrastructure
• Lead security efforts including patch management, endpoint security, and system backups
• Contribute to new technology implementations, designs, upgrades, and conversions
• Evaluate and troubleshoot network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency
• Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly.
• Service Desk – Provide tier II assistance and ongoing support to service desk personnel as well as staff personnel and resolve problems and/or determine appropriate direction for resolution for both on-site and remote locations
• Identify/troubleshoot software issues relating but not limited to Windows 10, Mac OS, Microsoft Office, security/antivirus, and other proprietary software specific to the printing manufacturing process
• Identify/troubleshoot hardware and basic network issues for desktop computers, laptops, printers, network shares, mobile devices, and telephone system devices
• Self-motivated and able to complete projects independently and as part of a team
• Provide on-call and backup support for existing systems and functions for all locations
• Work flexible hours that require some evening and weekends base on project work and upgrades
• Performs other duties as assigned
2+ years of professional experience with:
• Infrastructure: Windows Server 2016+ (Core and GUI), Active Directory / DNS / GPO, Remote Desktop Services, Office 365 and Teams (VOIP), AD Connect sync from On-Prem AD to Azure
• Networking: LAN, WAN, WLAN, Meraki network devices / Racking, Wiring and Configuration
• Networking Protocols: VPN, TCP/IP, DCHP, DNS
• Security: Endpoint, Email, Patch Management, MFA, CIS Controls
• Server and Network Hardware: Experience with racking and stacking servers and network equipment. As well as efficiently wiring both power and network cables within a server rack in an organized manor. Experience with Dell Server technology and installation of Microsoft Windows OS using Dell resources.
• Virtualization: Installation and Configuration of Hyper-V (Single Hosts and Clustered)
• Storage / Backups: DAS, SAN, NAS. Experience installing and managing Veeam Enterprise Manager
• Service Desk: Windows 10, Mac OS, Office 365 including Microsoft Teams and ManageEngine Service Desk tools
• Use of PowerShell and SQL scripting a plus
• Excellent technical knowledge of networking, servers, desktops, laptops, and printer configuration & troubleshooting
• The ability to identify and document all critical pieces of a facility network from demarc to computer room to remote network cabinets.
• Understanding of software and OS patch management.
• Management of Voip system through Microsoft Teams and Yealink endpoints.
• Active Directory and email system migrations are a plus
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience.
• This position is a combination of prolonged sitting periods and at times moderately active which requires a minimum level of physical ability sufficient to lift, carry, move, and stack IT equipment weighting up to 50 lbs. Bending, stooping, lifting, kneeling, reaching, and walking for short periods of time. Computer systems requiring hands on support reside in 3 types of environments from front office, to manufacturing / shipping and datacenter.
• Local travel will be required for data center support (Irving), maintenance and installs.
• Out of state travel once every 3 to 6 months
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
For a full list of our current IT & Salesforce openings, please visit our website
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]