The Network Architect reports to the Director of IT Infrastructure Architecture working as part of the IT Strategy & Architecture group responsible for ensuring the technologies, systems and processes developed are consistent across business units and are in line with enterprise technology standards and best practices.
This individual leads the development and application of infrastructure architectures, frameworks and roadmaps for a specific technical/infrastructure 'area of interest' (defined in framework and boundaries) that support strategic IT and business goals.
- Develop and maintain policies, architectures, frameworks, roadmaps, and standards that deliver the strategic IT goals, business priorities and comply with technical and industry/regulatory standards for area of interest.
- Ensure stability and viability of infrastructure and consistency of design across projects by providing design oversight and advice to ensure compliance of projects and programmes (and services) to technical/infrastructure architectural standards and roadmaps. Escalate potential non-compliance issues.
- Develop innovative infrastructure architectures and roadmaps that are fit for purpose and ensure cost effective delivery of IT strategy and business priorities.
- Assess emerging industry trends and anticipate and develop potential strategic IT technology/infrastructure solutions to exploit for business benefit within governance processes.
- Develop portfolio plans and ensure investment cases support architectures and roadmaps. Identify areas of improvement of infrastructure and practices across the enterprise.
- Contribute to key IT Strategy processes and ensure that process such as end to end investment and portfolio planning and innovation exploitation are fully supported.
- Define high level migration plans to address gaps between current and future state
- Develop governance, assurance, and standards to ensure architecture compliance
- Participates in Architecture Review Board governance for project solutions
- Contribute to EA practices and governance
- Embed IT security and compliance requirements in IT architecture standards, working with IT Security and Compliance group.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent qualification such as TOGAF
- 5+ years' experience in an Infrastructure or enterprise architecture role
- Deep architectural expertise in technology or IT infrastructure domain area of Networks & Telecom
- Previous experience of defining architectural direction and harnessing innovation for business benefit and to support strategy.
- Previous experience of building, maintaining, and influencing relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Previous experience of handling and distilling requirements into credible contextual architectures, roadmaps, and investment plans.
- IT Infrastructure Functions (Including Operations, Delivery and Architecture)
- Experience of manufacturing industry processes, systems, and information.
- Credible experience in domain of accountability to SFIA level 5 or 6 for Solution Architecture, Innovation, emerging technology monitoring, network planning.
- Large package implementations (SAP) would be a plus
- Knowledge and experience with business process management [BPM] and service-oriented architecture [SOA] technologies.
- EA frameworks & tools competency
FRAMEWORK & BOUNDARIES
- Accountable for a specific area of interest(s) including but not restricted to Network & Telecom, Client & Mobile, Cloud & Collaboration, and operational IT infrastructure.
- Work cooperatively and flexibly with colleagues in a high performing team taking 'collective responsibility' for achieving goals of Enterprise Infrastructure domain.
- Interface with Enterprise Architects, IT Service Management & Operations, IT stakeholder managers, IT programmes, IT executive, key infrastructure providers such as Cisco and Virtustream, external stakeholders and other bodies.
- Maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive data at all times
- Adhere to and exhibit our core values
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.