The Network Engineer will conduct business requirements reviews, technical systems specifications and systems process analysis. Additional requirements:
- Develop detailed selection evaluation criteria
- Analyze and re-engineer business processes using industry standard tools and methods with understanding of the technical and business environments
- Partner with business process experts to learn and understand problems with software.
- Develop innovative IT solutions for risky and demanding business situations.
Associate's degree in Information Systems or a related field and six (6) years of related experience required. Work experience may substitute for education requirement.
The Network Engineer's role is to ensure the stability and integrity of all Health System data communication. This includes voice, video, wireless and network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer II will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance and support of all network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also diagnose, resolve, and document hardware and software network problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide team and end user training where required.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist co-workers to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, UPSs, and other Network related hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, automated alerts, notifications, and/or e-mails/ticketing system regarding network connectivity problems.
- Ensure network connectivity of all network devices
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing and maintaining all network security solutions.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and install equipment into network equipment racks
- Available for afterhours on call support
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.