The Network Engineer will oversee the purchase, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situation requires evaluation and judgment
- Evaluate current systems and assist in the planning of large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist co-workers to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Respond to emergency network outages in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, UPSs, and other Network related hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, automated alerts, notifications, and/or e-mails/ticketing system regarding network connectivity problems.
- Ensure network connectivity of all network devices
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing and maintaining all network security solutions.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and install equipment into network equipment racks
- Available for afterhours on call support
Associate's degree in Information Systems or a related field and four (4) years of related experience required. Work experience may substitute for education requirement.
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
Okay, we just need a little more information...
Already have an account? Sign in.