This role will be supporting regional WAN, LAN, and WLAN technologies and infrastructures in the Anaheim area.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of network services provided by teams directly supporting the managed network services. As such, the candidate will be supported by a talented cast of technical managers and engineering staff. Additionally, the engineer will be supported by a project management office, network operations center, strategy and architecture, network monitoring, tools, reporting, asset management and billing support teams who are dedicated to the account.
• Configure, troubleshoot and support Cisco routers (3900 and 3800 series), switches (9300, 3700, 6500, 2960 series, ASR's, Nexus 5500 and 7000)
• Configure and support Cisco wireless access points with a good understanding of wireless controllers
• Perform troubleshooting and monitoring of incidents queues and executing network changes as required after business hours.
• Adheres to all change control processes and configuration standards
• Attends daily incidents and change control meetings as well as conducting troubleshooting bridges with peers, vendors and customers
• Review network change scripts for accuracy to mitigate induced outages and assuring changes meet corporate standards configurations
• Perform network captures using protocol analyzers and Wireless flukes
• Completes administrative duties updating network inventories, support documentation (Visio)
Education / Experience:
• 5+ years as a hands-on network engineer implementing, designing and supporting a large enterprise network is required
• Advanced working expertise of BGP and EIGRP routing protocols as well as TCP/IP, Multicast, LON and protocol redistribution – Should be able to configure these protocols from scratch and troubleshoot these technologies in a production environment
• Advanced working expertise of LAN technologies (HSRP, STP, VLANs and IP-subnetting)
• Strong working expertise of WLAN technologies (Controllers, WAPs, Cisco Prime and 802.11 fundamentals)
• Good working knowledge of network cabling infrastructure and specifications
• Experience with corporate change management procedures (design and peer review)
• Understanding of general project planning principles expected
• Industry certifications (e.g.: CCNA, CCNP) a must, BA/BS Degree preferred
• Must be a strong independent contributor who is a team player capable of mentoring and helping their peers to becoming strong technical peers. Must be able to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously. The candidate will be escalated to by both *** and customer representatives to address current or future needs in their area of responsibility
• Must have a strong technical acumen for corporate network technology infrastructures and have the ability to discuss and teach technologies at a technical level amongst their peers. The candidate’s expertise will be counted upon for significant refresh planning, major incident resolution, communication with the customer and to assist with proposals
• Ability to effectively communicate issues, remediation plans and status on major initiatives to higher levels of leadership
• Candidate will possess a high-level of written, verbal & presentation & skills
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
Sr. IT Recruiter
See all of our open IT / Salesforce positions at www.valintrytechnology.com/find-jobs
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.