The candidate will be supporting regional WAN, LAN, and WLAN technologies and infrastructures in the Burbank area. Additionally, the engineer will be supported by a project management office, network operations center, strategy and architecture, network monitoring, tools, reporting, asset management and billing support teams who are dedicated to the account.
• Configure, troubleshoot and support Cisco routers (3900 and 3800 series), switches (9300, 3700, 6500, 2960 series, ASR's, Nexus 5500, 7000 and 9000)
• Configure and support Cisco wireless access points with a good understanding of wireless controllers
• Perform troubleshooting and monitoring of incidents queues and executing network changes as required after business hours.
• Opens and monitor TAC cases with our vendors as required
• Adheres to all change control processes and configuration standards
• Attends daily incidents and change control meetings as well as conducting troubleshooting bridges with peers, vendors and customers
• Review network change scripts for accuracy to mitigate induced outages and assuring changes meet corporate standards configurations
• Perform network captures using protocol analyzers and Wireless flukes
• Provide real time support during changes as needed
• Train and mentors’ peers and junior level engineers
• Completes administrative duties updating network inventories, support documentation (Visio)
• Assist manager in identifying issues and process improvements
Education / Experience:
• 5+ years as a hands-on network engineer implementing, designing and supporting a large enterprise network is required
• Advanced working expertise of BGP and EIGRP routing protocols as well as TCP/IP, Multicast, LON and protocol redistribution – Should be able to configure these protocols from scratch and troubleshoot these technologies in a production environment
• Advanced working expertise of LAN technologies (HSRP, STP, VLANs and IP-subnetting)
• Strong working expertise of WLAN technologies (Controllers, WAPs, Cisco Prime and 802.11 fundamentals)
• Good working knowledge of network cabling infrastructure and specifications
• Experience with corporate change management procedures (design and peer review)
• Understanding of general project planning principles expected
• Industry certifications (e.g.: CCNA, CCNP) a must.
• BA/BS Degree a plus
• Must be a strong independent contributor who is a team player capable of mentoring and helping their peers to becoming strong technical peers.
• Must have a strong technical acumen for corporate network technology infrastructures and have the ability to discuss and teach technologies at a technical level amongst their peers. The candidate’s expertise will be counted upon for significant refresh planning, major incident resolution, communication with the customer and to assist with proposals
• Ability to effectively communicate issues, remediation plans and status on major initiatives to higher levels of leadership
• Ability to direct and interact during major outages and/or initiatives
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
Sr. IT Recruiter
See all of our open IT / Salesforce positions at www.valintrytechnology.com/find-jobs
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.