VALiNTRY is Seeking a Computer Break/Fix Technician
A PC Repair Technician, installs, evaluates, detects, and troubleshoots different types of issues affecting Client, Lenovo and Apple systems. The individual will diagnose faulty hardware of PCs or laptops and diagnose them. After they identify the problems, they resolve them.
They should be proficient with the widely used operating systems, such as Windows, or macOS. They are the primary customer contacts support and service.
Technicians should have first-rate analytical and problem-solving skills.
Technicians disassemble and reassemble computers using various types of hand tools
reinstall operating systems when hard disks break down.
Technicians should have excellent written communication, documentation and verbal skills. They need to be prepared to work flexible hours.
Technicians must also be prepared to do physical work, such as lifting computers or equipment, and, if necessary, shift them to other locations. They would need to stoop, bend, and reach.
Technicians must be good team players. They would have to interact with end users through phones, emails or chats.
Technicians should be good at customer service and possess the ability to multitask.
Work with service providers to expedite and resolve issues impacting productivity
Produce verbal and written status reports with emphasis on high-profile issues
Adhere to company and business unit policies and standards
Establish and maintain relationships with service providers, manufacturers, resellers and contractors
• CompTIA A+ Hardware Certification
• 3-5 yrs hands on repair experience with Client and Lenovo PC’s and Laptops
• ACMT Certification current or in process for Apple desktops and laptops
• Well-developed sense of urgency
• Enthusiasm, resilience, and a positive attitude
• Enjoy working on a team and comfortable sharing responsibilities
• Superior customer service and people skills
• Must be an exceptional communicator
• Field experience supporting a variety of technologies and services (see below)
• Advanced technical abilities including solid troubleshooting skills applicable to Windows, Apple, and virtual operating systems
• Strong networking knowledge with an emphasis on TCP/IP protocol, Microsoft Exchange, and Active Directory
• Work and complete projects with minimal supervision
• Attention to detail
• Ability to juggle time and resources to meet or exceed expectations in high-profile situations while maintaining professionalism under pressure
• Business Casual Dress
• Reliable transportation
• Lift, carry and transport computer equipment
• LIST OF TECHNOLOGIES – (Inclusive of, but not limited to)
• Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS, Linux or UNIX experience NOT required but would be a PLUS, iOS, Blackberry, Android, Active Directory, Cisco VOIP, JAMF Casper, Video Conferencing, remote connectivity (i.e. LogMeIn or Bomgar), Citrix, virtualization (i.e. vmWare or Parallels), VPN connectivity, TCP/IP networking, wireless and mobile networking, Mobile Device Management (i.e. MobileIron), Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Exchange (on-prem and Office 365 cloud), A/V equipment, Helpdesk ticketing systems (i.e. ServiceNow), hard drive encryption products (i.e. Apple Filevault, PGP, Credant), enterprise backup products (i.e. Connected Backup), SAP, SCCM, Microsoft deployment tools, network printing, consumer/home/soho network equipment (i.e. routers, switches, wireless access points, powerline ethernet adapters, etc.)
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.