Job Type: Full-Time
Physician Coder will play a key role in reviewing and analyzing billing and coding for processing. Must have experience with oncology surgeries to be considered for this role.
This role will be responsible for reviewing and accurately coding office, hospital, and surgical procedures for reimbursement. The Physician Coder will also be committed to ensuring accurate and compliant medical coding for both inpatient & outpatient services, diagnostic tests, and other medical services rendered to each patient.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Understanding of the health care revenue cycle
Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate information accurately and clearly
Provide excellent customer service
The ability to manage interpersonal relationships and effectively communicate with clinical partners and fellow business center teams
Strong work ethic, honest, and dependable
Collaborative team player with the ability to adapt to the ever-changing healthcare environment
Professional demeanor and appearance at all times
Maintain patient confidentiality
Maintain a safe and orderly work area
Interact in a positive and constructive manner
Personal time management skills – the ability to organize, prioritize, and multitask
Ability to be at work and be on time
Follow company and department policies, procedures, and directives
Expert knowledge of ICD10, CPT and HCPCS
Strong knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
Epic /3M software experience highly desired
1. Analyzes medical records to abstract clinical data by assigning codes from patient records in accordance with the coding classification systems of ICD-10-CM and/or CPT.
2. Reviews patient encounters for accurate code assignment(s) of all relevant diagnosis, procedures, and/or modifiers.
3. Applies guidelines as indicated
4. Coder meets and maintains a production rate of 90% or higher.
5. Coder meets and maintains an accuracy rate of 95% on all coded records.
6. Queries physicians and/or departments when code assignments are not straightforward or if documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous or unclear for coding purposes.
7. Prior Oncology Surgery Coding experience
Must have a Coding Certification from AHIMA or AAPC
3+ years Coder work experience
3+ years Prior Oncology Surgery Coding experience
Prior Physician Coder experience
We are interested in every qualified applicant who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor VISAs.
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected] | Stefany's LinkedIn
Stefany Dos Santos
IT Recruitment Manager
For a complete list of our current openings, please visit VALiNTRYtechnology.com
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.