As our client company continues to grow, they are looking for an experienced Project Engineer to support their team of direct sales engineers. This candidate will collaborate with our Chief Engineer and the sales team to assume ownership of key projects and manage them from initial sale to final customer delivery. This position offers dynamic individuals an opportunity to apply their engineering skill sets in a customer-facing setting to advance their base salary with added bonus compensation based on the companys performance.
Project Engineer Summary
Provide technical and professional leadership in the areas of project management, engineering, and customer satisfaction. This role requires an organized and collaborative individual with an engineering mindset who is willing to tackle and solve complex business challenges within the Project Management discipline. The Project Engineer will receive project assignments and customer hand-off from our sales team, and will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and completing projects with accurate delivery on budget, timeline, and scope. Working to ensure customer satisfaction and account development, the Project Engineer will anticipate and overcome challenges and barriers to successful job completion, particularly on large-scale projects ranging from proven concepts to first-time product configurations.
Planning & Collaboration
- Serve as an extension of our sales team by planning, managing, and successfully executing enterprise customer projects
- Lead the engineering and project management detail for assigned jobs from order capture to final installation; work cross-functionally to drive job-specific needs related to procurement, manufacturing, and installation.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of company products, significant benefits, and
- applications to serve as a subject matter expert for customers
- Collaborate with our sales engineers on a pre-sale basis to understand and begin planning for pending projects and implementation needs
- Assist the team with job quotes or application drawings in AutoCAD; review or redesign drawings and submit to applications or manufacturing
- Determine and communicate the project scope, schedule, cost, and risks internally to ensure that team members understand their role in the projects success
- Communicate and collaborate with outside vendors, general contractors/architects, and job site managers, to ensure site readiness, scheduling and execution of project
- Engineering & Customer Service
- Serve as the primary post-sale point of contact for the customer for scheduling, change orders, and all project milestones.
- Represent the company during client and project management meetings to answer questions, leverage our expertise, apply engineering principles, and follow up with meeting notes or job reports.
- Document project engineering procedures for repeatability, and onboard new team members.
- Meet the customers requirements for the project, such as insurance compliance and on-site safety training.
- Assist engineers as needed to develop manufacturing production/assembly drawings, and
- support our production team as needed to ensure on time product delivery.
- Work with Allied Vendors or vet new partners as needed to ensure capable strategic suppliers for the project.
- Understand the customers system requirements and any potential implications for our proposed solution.
- Manage job controls and work with accounting on invoicing, cost roll-ups, and margin review.
- Provide technical support in dock/equipment manufacturing, integration into construction planning, quality control, documentation of design conflicts, and installation reviews to ensure successful job completion.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Architectural, Structural or Civil
- Microsoft Office/Excel skills; expertise in AutoCAD (2D) and Solidworks (preferred but not
- 5-7 years of engineering or construction, project management or related experience
- Preferred but not required, experience working in outsourced equipment manufacturing environment
Skills & Abilities
- Strong Project Management Experience
- Ability to manage high complexity projects and collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to engage professionally with high level customers
- Ability to support team members to deliver on customer projects
- Ability to travel as job requires and manage teams on job sites
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to travel overnight 10% to 20% of the time of the job
- Work occasionally after hours or on the weekend
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.