Project Manager – Healthcare
We are seeking a Project Manager to join a growing Healthcare Services team. The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of a client engagement or one or more workstreams of a larger engagement, including significant individual contributor responsibilities on the engagements, i.e., a hands-on, working manager. This is a high visibility role, requiring a strong individual with excellent executive level presence, exemplary communication skills, and an analytical mind set.
The Project Manager will participate in all phases of the engagement lifecycle from Pre-Assessment, to Business Analysis, through Implementation, whether in progression or individual client engagements:
- Pre-Assessment engagements are typically 1-3+ days in duration and represent the initial discovery phase to understand the high-level opportunities and business and operating models of the client. The Project Manager will work individually or with a small team to complete the initial interviews and data analysis required to prioritize the Business Analysis
- Business Analysis engagements are typically 3-5 weeks in duration and represent deep-dive analysis to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities. The Project Manager will lead a team of 1-4+ senior consultants and analysts to define and scope all optimization opportunities across the client’s operating model through detailed studies, interviews, and extensive data analysis
- Implementation engagements are typically 6+ months in duration and the role of the Project Manager is to drive the changes required to achieve the targeted improvement opportunities both individually and through coordinating the actions of the engagement team which may include both Synergetics and client individuals. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring the engagement or their assigned workstreams of larger engagements are completed on-time, within budget, and at a high level of quality; and also for contributing to the individual growth and development of the Synergetics team.
The Project Manager works under the supervision of one or more Directors or other senior leadership.
We are looking for well-qualified candidates who can confidently support their experience across these areas:
- Minimum of six (6) years of professional (post-academic) work experience in management consulting focusing on healthcare operations performance improvement or equivalent healthcare provider industry experience in an operations role
- Minimum of two (2) years in direct project management experience
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field from an accredited college or university; or equivalent work experience on an exception basis; graduate degrees or other advanced technical certifications are a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of healthcare provider operations including patient access, patient flow, clinical operations, finance, and revenue cycle management and other shared services
- Direct experience with the development and implementation of healthcare operating models:
- Healthcare provider process improvement initiatives including process mapping and decomposition
- Organization design
- Geo-footprint, labor arbitrage and multi-site location optimization
- End-user technology assessments
- Management systems (standard processes and tools for managers)
- Leading teams within a matrixed organization, some of whom may be remote and/or client staff members
- Implementing change management initiatives to reduce costs, increase revenue and/or improve service levels in client organizations
Professional Skills and Requirements
- Ability to travel to client sites on a weekly basis, typically Monday through Thursday (post-COVID restrictions/limitations)
- Understanding of PHI and HIPAA protections
- Strong written, oral, and analytical skills
- Strong Microsoft 365 suite skills, particularly advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with data analytics and visualization tools such as Tableau or Power BI is a plus
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) and higher certifications are a plus
- Lean Six Sigma certification is a plus
- Client relationship building
- Team building
- Initiative and drive
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to deliver under time pressure with high quality
- Flexible and creative thinking
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.