Perform duties that support the IT Project Management Office with ongoing projects, in both hardware and software. This position helps drive projects from start to finish by performing tasks such as but not limited to the development of new projects through special research, data analysis, and data collection to facilitate strategic decision-making. Research and analysis functions include budget tracking and financial forecasting, project evaluation and monitoring, analyzing various project metrics, and completing appropriate project documentation.
- Perform discovery, business case, and solution analysis for potential projects
- Collaborate with technical team and stakeholders to perform vendor analysis, contract review and submit to procurement for execution
- Facilitate the development of Project Charter, RFP, project plan, requirements specifications, design documents, lessons learned and other project documentation
- Manage approved projects through the lifecycle, including project scope, requirements, deliverables, timelines, resourcing needs, and appropriate interfaces with external vendors to accomplish project objectives
- Facilitate project status calls, prepare discussion agendas, provide meeting notes and distribute to project stakeholders
- Coordinate and schedule resources across multiple departments to align project requirements with business goals and objectives
- Manage project communications, documentation, and specifications including review and feedback from project team and stakeholders
- Facilitate project steering committee, project overview, support transition and other project related meetings
- Collect and analyze Portfolio data to provide project metrics, quarterly reports, project dashboards and infographics for review by stakeholders and executives
- Organize training activities and create system documentation to help facilitate the knowledge transfer of system functionality
- Forecast budget and manage project financials
- Participate proactively in developing and optimizing PMO standards, policies, procedures and tools
- Support Project Manager with day to day PMO tasks
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Trusted business relationship builder and maintainer with reputation for transparent, trustworthy and clear communications.
- Demonstrate clear, concise technical writing style in the production of documentation.
- Consistently manages multiple priorities and competing assignments while meeting commitments.
- Excellent positive listening, oral, and written communication skills, along with training documentation and presentation development skills that provide for clear communication of technical information to non-technical users.
- Knowledge of fundamental IT concepts, practices and procedures with broad knowledge of technology and solutions.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and support skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, and/or three to five years of experience in IT project management roles.
- Experience within a structured PMO environment preferred.
- Experience with Clarizen would be a plus.
- ITIL Foundations Certification would be a plus
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.