We Are Experts in Finding & Placing Pre-Qualified IT Talent
Click on a job to learn more and apply
Seeking Business Analyst (80%) Quality Assurance Analyst (20%)
This position is 100% Remote Direct hire position pays between $75,000 to $85,000, per year.
|The Business Analyst / Quality Assurance Analyst’s (BA/QA) role is to elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of project stakeholders, whether they are customers or end users. This includes interviewing stakeholders and gathering and compiling user requirements to convey to development teams throughout the software lifecycle. The Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills to help support the development process, and to ensure that project deliverables are met according to specifications. The BA/QA will play a pivotal role in ensuring IT understanding of business requirements. This role also acts as the business conduit between functional units and technology, developing application requirements and test scripts, and assisting end-users in troubleshooting issues.
|Having both business and technical expertise, the successful candidate will be the primary liaison among IT and users for review, analysis and evaluation of user needs and the creation of documentation to enhance software and systems developed internally to support strategic and operational needs. Additionally, the incumbent will evaluate and test software programs to verify that programs function according to specifications and standards by performing the following duties:
- Collaborate with project managers and project sponsors to determine project scope and vision as well as clearly identify project stakeholders and establish user classes/characteristics.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements through workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identify and establish the scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Work with stakeholders and the project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develop and utilize standard templates to write requirements specifications accurately and concisely.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/the project team.
- Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements.
- Assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible options and communicate these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manage and track the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine, as necessary.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements – verbally or through written documentation – to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Reviews analyzes and evaluates user needs to create systems solutions that support overall business strategies.
- Provide assistance with software quality assurance testing and User Acceptance Testing (“UAT”) as needed
- Three to five years of experience in professional computer software development and requirements definition
- A minimum of three years of experience developing formal business requirements for software applications.
- Must have experience with the software development life cycle, and industry-standard software tools.
- Must be able to work within a close team environment with solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Five or more years of experience developing business requirements for software applications.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or at least five years of equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field is strongly preferred
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected]
Sr. IT Recruiter
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage