While this Postion is 100% Remote, The candidate will need to be located in either Pacific or Mountain Time.
Our Software Engineers (Site Reliability) work closely with our Chief Architect, VP of Engineering, Staff SRE and other SREs to design, build, and operate our AWS and Open Source Software based cloud architecture and product development platform. You are hands on helping to reduce toil and increase automation via code and strategic blends of roll-your-own and managed services. You utilize your knowledge and skills to help your team elevate their work in reliability, scalability, and simplicity. You are guided by utilizing modern DevOps, SRE, and AppSec practices. You lead by example, share knowledge openly, and work closely with engineering and product leaders, customer support, and the rest of the organization to build the right global infrastructure to provide excellent service to our customers.
We are a globally distributed company and product team. You know how important it is to communicate clearly, build strong connections with your team and the organization as a whole, and maintain a strong culture of writing things down and working asynchronously.
- 5+ years designing, implementing, and growing reliable and cost effective cloud infrastructure architecture using automation, containerization, and infrastructure as code
(with AWS, Terraform, one or more scripting languages, containers, modern CI/CD tooling)
- Comfortable writing production software and systems in Go, Python, or other languages
- Intimate knowledge of full-stack software and system observability, telemetry, and operations principles and practices (using open source and commercial tools)
- Experience building and operating scalable and highly-available multi-region applications platforms that are resilient and deployed in a scalable service mesh.
- Have production Kubernetes experience and can guide teams in its best practices.
- Highly collaborative and able to successfully work with cross-functional teams with excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- A degree (BS/BA) in a STEM field
- Have exposure to process and procedures involving compliance (e.g. PCI, ISO27001, SOC2) and secure coding standards
- Experience with PHP web applications, Go backend services, and Python tools and are comfortable with common testing, automation, and instrumentation libraries
- Experience with NoSQL and RDBMS DBs a plus (highly available Redis, PostgreSQL)
- Experience on full ownership, on-call SaaS oriented product team a plus
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other federal or state protected category.
For a complete list of our current openings, please visit VALiNTRYtechnology.com.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.