Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: $29.00/w2 /hr
Hospital Inpatient Coder
Accurately assigns ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes from the inpatient EMR in accordance with federal/state regulations, clinical data and coding classification systems for a large, teaching facility.
1. Analyzes EMR and clinical data to accurately assign ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes from inpatient records in accordance with coding classification systems.
2. Ensures accurate assignment of principal diagnosis and adheres to guidelines set forth for exact DRG assignment and POA criteria.
3. Applies clinical guidelines, coding guidelines, hospital coding profile, and coding clinics as appropriate for precise coding.
4. Coder meets and maintains a production rate of 95% or higher.
5. Coder meets and maintains an accuracy rate of 95% on all coded records.
6. Initiates physician queries and validates clinical guidelines and documentation in compliance with AHIMA and hospital guidelines.
• Coder should have a minimum of 3 years current inpatient facility coding experience for an academic medical center and/or Level 1 Trauma center.
• Advanced knowledge of disease processes, complex surgical procedures, and new technologies
• AHIMA credentialed coder preferred but will consider AAPC credentials with demonstrated experience.
• Prior remote coding experience required.
• EPIC/3M 360 CAC experience a plus.
This coder will be required to complete a coding assessment provided by the hospital. The coder will be audited regularly by internal auditors, hospital audit staff, and any external audit company contracted with the hospital. This position is strictly facility coding; no risk adjustment or profee coding.
We are interested in every qualified applicant who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor VISAs.
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to [email protected] | Stefany's LinkedIn
Stefany Dos Santos
IT Recruitment Manager
For a complete list of our current openings, please visit VALiNTRYtechnology.com
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.