Global SCCM (Image Specialist) Engineer is responsible for the development, standardization, management, and security of the company’s global PC hardware and software infrastructure. This includes developing, deploying, updating, and supporting custom Windows 10 operating systems (OS) images for desktops and notebooks. This position will be also responsible for maintenance and day-to-day support of the enterprise Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) environment. Position will be based out of our Palm Bay, FL and will start remotely given covid-19 considerations.
- Develop and deploy standardized Windows OS client images (desktop, notebooks) using various software development techniques and programming languages such as Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), SCCM Operating System Deployment (OSD), Visual Basic Script, Batch, and PowerShell.
- Develop and perform software deployments for the installation of applications using various software development, automation techniques, and programming languages such as SCCM application deployment, SCCM package deployment, Visual Basic, Batch, and PowerShell.
- Develop and perform Windows OS client data migration solutions using OSD task sequences and Microsoft User State Migration Toolkit (USMT)
- Perform direct / query-based deployment of patches, Microsoft updates, device drivers, and applications to PC's on the network using approved automation tools and producing success / failure reports for the deployment
- Administer SCCM and Active Directory group policy, including settings and policy optimization/tuning for reliability and performance
- Develop customized reports writing SQL code to report on the inventory of installed hardware and software.
- Create documentation on system designs, procedures, processes, and changes
- Provide direct end user support for escalated PC issues and needs
- Work with vendors as needed to resolve application or end user issues
- Communicating day-to-day activities, operational challenges, or general feedback to management through defined reports and regular meetings
- Responsible for special projects related to assignments, customer needs, or service management requirements
- Stay current with changes in hardware / software technologies
Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- 5 years’ experience supporting Windows client OS with minimum of 2 years supporting Windows 10
- 3 years’ experience developing, implementing, and administrating Microsoft SCCM
- SCCM Certified preferred
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) preferred
- 3 years’ experience deploying customized Operating System images, applications, and security patches utilizing Microsoft SCCM
- Extensive experience developing customized Windows OS client images with Microsoft Desktop Deployment Toolkit (DDT) / SCCM OSD Task Sequences, Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), and Group Policies
- Practical experience developing software using various programming languages such as Visual.Net, Java, PowerShell, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), and Windows OS registry manipulation
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory (AD), specifically group policy management and SCCM dependence of AD sites and services
- Microsoft SQL Server knowledge to support SCCM operations and reporting.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts including, TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, VPN, load balancing, DHCP, VPN, and PXI Boot.
- Proven project management experience and demonstrated ability to execute and achieve expected results.
- Able to work effectively with peers in a team environment, while also working in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks Creative and innovative thinker
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Must be organized, process-minded and detail-oriented
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills
See all of our open IT / Salesforce positions at www.valintrytechnology.com/find-jobs
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.