Participate with the development of virtualization standards and the architecture/design for a private cloud solution. Storage Capacity Planning, Storage Area Network (SAN) Planning, Partitioning, Rationalization, Architecture, Design, Data Migration, Synchronization Technologies, File Systems. Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates and helps maintains a disaster recovery plan. Monitor all systems to ensure adequate business recovery has been migrated for failover to the recovery datacenter.
- Manages VMware vCenter Server, ESXi, and Horizon View and associated components.
- Design, enhance and implement new and existing internal information systems.
- Manages the maintenance of the technology environment used by the business, including patch management.
- Manages Storage Area Network (SAN) and associated components.
- Configures and maintains new servers, business applications, appliances, and associated systems.
- Storage analysis, capacity planning, and performance planning of storage components.
- Manages data restore and disaster recovery.
- Ensure monitoring of the infrastructure is in place.
- Install and relocate Network equipment, personal computers and related equipment. Maintaining a complete list of all computer equipment, serial numbers and physical location of equipment.
- Responsible for coordinating and providing documentation and procedures for disaster testing.
- Provide budgetary information to supervisor as needed.
- Prepare and update documentation of departmental procedures.
- Maintain contact with software vendors to research operating problems and discuss new applications.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as requested.
- Adhere to company and governmental policies and regulations, including those related to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan compliance.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology or related area or equivalent years of directly related experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Technical knowledge of Local Area Networks and personal computers
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Extensive knowledge of Virtualized iSCSI SAN technology
- Extensive knowledge of VMware both vSphere, Site Recovery Manager and View
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud services and Microsoft 365
- Familiar with related electronic data processing systems and financial software applications
- Technical knowledge of system backup procedures
- Knowledge of hardware and software system modification/fix techniques
- Ability to interact effectively with all user levels, internal and external, via telephone or onsite
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and effectively resolve user questions
- Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States. [Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other federal or state protected category.
For immediate consideration, please contact
Josh Hill – IT Recruitment Manager
O: 321-7049841 E: j[email protected]
For a complete list of our current openings, please visit VALiNTRYtechnology.com.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.