Title: Software Development Product Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: On Site in Shelby, NC
Salary: $85,000 – $100,000 a year
The Software Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing, and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Software Product Managers job also includes ensuring that the product supports the companys overall strategy and goals.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
3-5 years of project management and related experience.
Product Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
Travel may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Define and maintain the website Roadmap, informing and working with stakeholders when necessary for approval of large projects.
- Make product-level decisions for the PAE platform (i.e., perform the Product Owner role in Agile/Scrum terminology) while using proper discretion to seek stakeholder approval when necessary.
- Write release notes for PAE to be published to the website, communicated internally, and sent to VIP customers directly as necessary/requested.
- Interface directly with customers when needed to capture requests, provide insight into managing Programs, and help to resolve issues.
- Work closely with the PAE new features development team and the Scrum Master to ensure that the roadmap is on track.
- Work closely with the Engagement/Marketing team to help shape the PAE Roadmap and make data-informed, long-term plans for the PAE platform and how to promote it.
- Aid in proofing the promotional banners on PAE.
- Aid in proofing and creating the newsletter that goes out to customers.
- Aid in proofing any other copy that is related to the PAE platform and is customer- or public-facing.
- Attend workshops and conventions to help promote the PAE platform.
- Work closely with the Sales team and Account Managers to capture and manage customer requests for updates to the PAE platform.
- Be available to answer questions from and provide training to the Sales team, Account Managers, and other personnel about the PAE platform and its capabilities.
- Help to keep the Sales team and Account Managers informed about new features and how to present them to customers.
- Serve in a Sales Engineer capacity on demos and sales calls as necessary/requested.
- Work with Account Managers to develop and implement strategies for preserving at-risk accounts.
- Work closely with the Client Experience team to capture requests and enhancements that come in via that team, and to ensure that customers are having the best possible PAE experience when interfacing with that team.
- Work closely with the Purchasing team to stay informed on upcoming product offerings and the changing nature of the product inventory.
- Demonstrated success defining and maintaining quality products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical background, with previous public facing website experience
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence different teams for large-scale projects
- Business expertise Profit generation is mostly dependent on the success of the product. To maintain the profitability of the product, the product manager should have a suite of business expertise and skills.
- Domain expertise Knowledge of the business, the market, the product, and the customers is a crucial pre-requisite for the role of product managers.
- Leadership skills Being the one who leads the product management team, a product manager must have sound leadership skills.
- Strategist Product managers must be meticulous at strategic planning. They set the product goals based on a market-driven strategy and work towards achieving the goals while considering the organizations potential and capabilities.
- Accountant Besides defining goals and initiatives, a strategic product manager must keep a record of the performance metrics that determine the success of the strategy and the product .
- Able to approach a problem from multiple directions to find a solution
- Quick to rely on existing resources and know how to efficiently access those resources
Execute Core Values
- Operational Excellence- Focus on the customer by doing what we said we would do
- We Collaborate- We collaborate for purpose
- Deliver Exceptional Service- We take care of our customers by exceeding their expectations
- Attention to Detail/Sense of Urgency- We must pull together and get the job done
- Lead with Integrity- We are honest and upfront in our work, with our colleagues and in our dealings with our customers and business partners
- Accountability: All-In Accountability
- Is seen as a team player and is cooperative
- Encourages collaboration
- Be reliable, responsible, and flexible
- Can speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other federal or state protected category.
For a complete list of our current openings, please visit VALiNTRYtechnology.com.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.