Salary : $90,000 – $115,000 annually
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and experienced Support Engineer Tier3 to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for answering incoming questions through various support channels, providing business and product knowledge, triaging, routing, and escalating customer engagements to the appropriate staff or teams, and generating new service cases for customers.
In this role, you will also assist customers with product configuration, maintenance, and production impacting issues per their SLA, review and summarize failures, errors, and/or changes found within our storage platform’s debugs to move tickets toward resolution and/or escalation, identify failed components and submit requests for parts or assemblies, and remotely assist customers with replacements. Additionally, you will provide system verification and/or health check reviews for support renewals or upon customer request, audit config docs, configuration of in-house systems, assist customers with onsite configuration and/or product walk-through, mentor junior team members, own high-touch customer interactions, lead and manage complex implementations, and support projects.
The ideal candidate should have the ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies and products, experience working in a support organization dealing with enterprise customers, good written and verbal communication skills, ability to handle multiple priorities at once, a strong focus on customer satisfaction, and familiarity with enterprise storage concepts and standards. They should also be comfortable working within multiple computer operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux) and have experience using office suite software (G-Suite, Microsoft Office).
The candidate should have administration experience for enterprise storage technologies along with configuring associated applications deployed across heterogeneous operating systems (Windows, Unix, Mac) environments. They should have a demonstrable troubleshooting and configuration competency in a wide variety of categories, including:
- Solid competency of: FreeBSD, Linux, Windows, OS X, Networking and file protocol experience: TCP/IP, CIFS/SMB, NFS, AFP, iSCSI, HTTP, FTP
- Storage functionality: SAN, NAS, RAID levels, LUNs, multipathing, and ZFS specific knowledge
- Familiarity with various terminal/shell environments such as Bourne/Bash, Powershell, csh, zsh
- Solid competency in :
- Type 1 and 2 hypervisors such as VMWare,Xen,Hyper-V
- The FreeBSD operating system
- The Linux operating system
- Directory services such as LDAP, NIS, AD
- Good understanding of Layer 2/3 network protocols and high availability concepts
- General understanding of disaster recovery concepts and their implementations
- Mid-to-high level mastery of ZFS (snapshots, clones, ZFS send/receive, space usage)
- Solid competency with Unix and Windows permissions schemes and ACLs
- Full understanding of TCP/IP concepts (routing, switching, subnetting, firewalls)
- Familiarity with networking hardware (ethernet interfaces, switches, routers, and media types)
- Ability to read, write, and debug shell scripts (bash, zsh)
- Ability to read, write, and debug Python
- Ability to read kernel code (FreeBSD, Linux)
- Experience with Fit, Jira, code reviews, and other common development tools and concepts
- Ability to diagnose and recover damaged ZFS pools
- Competence with BSD Jails, Docker, Kubernetes, and related container technologies
Please note: This client is not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States. [Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other federal or state protected category.
For immediate consideration, please contact
Anna Marcano – IT Recruitment Manager
O: 800-360-1407 D: 407-392-3135 E: [email protected]
For a complete list of our current openings, please visit VALiNTRYtechnology.com.
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.