The Systems Administrator position will need to work with other Technology Services staff as well as internal customers and vendors to maintain new and existing systems. Providing a mid-level escalation point, the Systems Administrator role will engage in more in-depth desk-side and server-side support for issues that need further investigation. This role will also provide consistent monitoring and maintenance of the desk-side and server-side environments, managing upgrades and updates, patching, and incident response.
- Provide day-to-day consultation, instruction, troubleshooting, and problem-solving for hardware, software, network, and related computer systems and devices.
- Perform routine maintenance on all servers and applications throughout the organization.
- Administer active directory and exchange online environments, managing user accounts, groups, and policies.
- Develop a plan for, schedule, and complete system and application upgrades; both routinely and as needed to address security needs.
- Perform proactive monitoring of all systems within the environment. Log any anomalies or events in the help desk system and work with the team to mitigate them.
- Monitor, respond to and action system alerts, logging each alert received in the help desk system and working with the team to mitigate.
- Monitor and respond to security alerts, providing the first line of support.
- Monitor system backups, ensuring all systems are backed up successfully at their scheduled intervals. Work to troubleshoot any missed files or devices.
- Monitor, respond to, and resolve Help Desk calls and tickets in keeping with established customer service standards. Act as primary escalation for Technical Support Analysts when incidents are beyond the skillset or time allotment. Escalate complex issues to the appropriate technical resource in a timely manner.
- Assist in developing, updating, and maintaining procedures and Help Desk knowledge base.
- Train and direct personnel in the use of computer applications and equipment.
- Maintain inventory of all servers and applications throughout organization.
- Assist with and provide support to team members accountable for any range of enterprise, infrastructure, network, security, database or other technology projects and assignments, as required.
- Participate in meetings, committees and continuing education seminars to improve individual, departmental, and organizational performance and efficiency.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Participate in all Operations and Maintenance rotational duties, including on-call rotation and after-hours power tests.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and support skills.
- Maintain a level of professionalism with respect for confidentiality.
- Excellent passive listening, oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical knowledge and experience of PC hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Consistently manages multiple priorities and competing assignments while meeting commitments.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple priorities and maintain compliance with schedules and quality standards.
- Organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction.
- Clear depth of knowledge in Information Technology fundamentals, current best practice and standards, along with emerging resources and practices.
- Regular, dependable attendance required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or a related field.
- Three to five years of experience in IT infrastructure and enterprise-wide system management.
- Microsoft certifications are preferred.
- ITIL Foundations Certification required (if not in possession at the time of hire, certification must be obtained within 6 months as a condition of continued employment).
Please note: Not accepting candidates submitted by other staffing firms or agencies at this time. Thank you.
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPT EAD status do not have unrestricted right to work.]
VALiNTRY Services and all its divisions are equal opportunity employers. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other federal or state protected category.
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage
Fill this out to apply
Already have an account? Sign in.